Tuesday, May 19, 2009

In Memory of Josie Cox May 19, 2009 3:36 pm

It has been such an honor to have gone through this amazing life with you.
Josie laughed easy and often, she added an exciting buzz to the room that made you want to be there. Josie had friends from all walks of life .
People were always drawn to her and wanted to know her because she always made you feel special.

Josie went on in a very peaceful setting she laid in her daughters bed while her family laid with her holding her hands rubbing her face and sharing all the fun memories. We all held hands with her and Susan said a beautiful prayer. A strong hymn was playing and we could tell the moment was coming she took a shallow breath the clouds came in and turned the sky dark. The songs last word was AMEN and her heart stopped................then the rain. It was such a beautiful time I will never forget.

It was so beautiful to watch Ambra care for her mother she was so gentle and sweet with her she took great joy and pleasure to care for her mom. Ambra took the torch from Josie and fought RELENTLESSLY to get her the new treatment and she still is although now she is caring it for all of us. You have not met a man like Michael he was completely selfless he had Josie in there bed every night so they could sleep with her. He would wake up by alarm to give her her medication. he loved her and had such a high respect for her.

The Love of family is amazing.

Thank you for all the out pouring of love and support for our family this has been a very, very rough road.

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen."
- Elisabeth Kubler-Ross



Josh thank you for sharing all your knowledge and time. You are so courageous and really led us by caring the first grain of sand and showing us the hill.

Dr. Ko you changed us forever thank you!!

We know Josie hand picked Bryce to help carry on her passion and quest for life!!
Pray for him and his family as they are taking Josie's spirit to Germany to get the treatment and help fulfill her lives work for the cure.

8 comments:

  1. Once upon a time three perfect strangers met for the first time outside of an airport in the middle of a mountainous valley. These people would only spend twenty four hours together, but that twenty four hours would impact each of them for the rest of their life.

    One stranger had a specific gift, this person was carrying with them a secret weapon, a weapon that could change the world someday if only it had a chance.

    The chance that this weapon needed came when these strangers unknowningly were visiting a person whos life would be the catalyst to ignite a movement toward enlightnment. As this one life passed it would bring about a courage and fire in two others that will change the world.


    You have found the hill, whether you realize it or not you have started to climb.
    Please continue, go to the top and let us all know what you have seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I THINK GRANDMA JUICY IS SO WONDERFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GRANDMA JUICY WAS THE SWEETEST PERSON EVER. I LOVE HER SO MUCH.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ambra said...

    First of all I want to tell the mysterious person who wrote the comment "mtnbkr71169i" how moved we were by your story. How fitting and what a compliment to all of us.
    My mother never gave up her fight with this awful disease but sadly after 5 years it consumed her body and took her life. She truly did fight to the bitter end but went very peacefully. My sister in law and husband treated her just as she was their mother (with tons of tender love and care).
    My family really wants to thank everyone for all the loving support, prayers and blessings my mom and our families have received through this wonderful journey and bittersweet experience. There are no words to express or describe how special it has been to all of her beautiful grandchildren and us. It has truly changed our families forever in the best possible ways. Not only do we feel so thankful and privileged to have had my mother Josie in our lives but we know how much she has impacted so many friends and other peoples lives also. She had a huge heart and a special place for everyone of her friends in it. Everybody meant something different and positive to her. And oh boy did we have a lot of supportive friends and neighbors that came to see her. We had SOOOO much support, we could have never done this without her parents, friends and neighbors and even people that just wanted to help. I hope some day we can pay it forward in some way.
    There were 3 very SPECIAL people that I want to thank, without them we would have said goodbye to my mom weeks ago. We love you all and want you to now this is from the bottom of our hearts.

    Love the Grow and Cox families. XOXO


    Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.
    (From a Headstone in Ireland)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dot said...

    Josie you will truly be missed. You held your head up high and never gave up. Even that day That I thought you were dying.You kept waking up knowing that it wasn`t your time. You gave us quite a scare, Me especially that weekend. Your ammonia levels were so high. You held on For awhile longer. I don`t think I have ever met a person that had to have her hair and make so perfect as you.You were so neat and you had to have the perfect shoes. You made me feel better about my self. When I came to visit you when you first started staying with Michael and Ambra you were only worried that you had no makeup on and your hair was a mess. That is classy. I will miss that about you. Your high spirit on life. You made me feel good to be around you. You wouldn`t eat your lunch on your worse days in bed. You had to eat at the counter so we could eat together. I will miss our water parties as you called them your last week with us. I will charish those words the rest of my life. We did have some special times. I wished I had known you longer. You were my inspirtation for life. You gave me hope to carry on. I love you. You will be so trully missed by me and all your family and friends. Especially this friend and confidant.I felt I have know you all my life they way we got along so well. You were called back to your Heavenly Father so that you can continue living in heaven. And get out of the pain you suffered with here on earth. Hope you have a very spiritual journey you deserve it. Love you lots your friend always Dorothy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Josie was my best friend,mentor,sister in spirit,adviser,confidant.She always had time for me and I needed her friendship and support at the most difficult times in my life;she always was there for me in my moments of struggle(always providing a shoulder to cry on and caring advice).Josie also knew how to enjoy life.I was lucky to enjoy lots of laughs and good times with her.She had incredible stamina.When we were shopping I could barely keep up with her.She knew all my family and friends and I had no secrets from her.She was my maid of honor at my wedding.She was happy for me and thrilled that I found a true soulmate.She stayed at my home many times and felt like part of the family(and even tolerated my cat Ginji,who she was allergic to).I travelled with her a lot;she was so easy to travel with even when she was sick.I loved her dearly and I will miss her forever.Marina

    ReplyDelete
  8. from Wanda---
    Josie, my friend for 33 years. So many conversations,adventures, dinners and gatherings of our book club friends, laughs and sighs and sharing the joys of our grandchildren. You commented and we agreed that angels were watching over you and conducting many mini miracles. You do things in unusual and surprising ways. Even when you physically leave us, you are very present. Comment from mtnbkr said it all...you are the catalyst to ignite the movement toward enlightenment and you are still working your magic. I miss you, but you are here in spirit.
    Love and hugs from your friend, Wanda

    ReplyDelete